< Join the Team >
Applications for 2017 team members are now closed. The information below is for reference only.
International Festival Assistants:
Get free shared accommodation and an amazing life-changing experience in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! See full details below.
Prague-based Festival Assistants:
If you are based in Prague, speak English and have an interest in the arts, please see full info and application form below.
Prague-based Social Media Coordinators:
To work with our social media manager promoting the festival across our various platforms please complete the festival assistant application form below.
For more information and to join our team of venue technicians please contact us here.
So what does working as a Festival Assistant involve?
We need energetic, creative, organised and adventurous people to form our team of voluntary staff to promote the festival, sell tickets, duty manage venues, deliver top customer service and assist visiting companies from around the globe.
Do I need to live in Prague to apply?
No, each year we work with a local accommodation partner to provide a limited number of free shared accommodation slots for the top international applicants. Of course, we also welcome Prague-based team members, and international members who can source their own accommodation in Prague. Usually we have around 40/60 split of locals/internationals.
When is the festival and when are Festival Assistants required?
The festival starts on 26 May and runs until 03 June 2017. Before the festival officially opens however there is a lot to do to ensure all venues are set up, companies have arrived and settled into venues, print has been distributed, all Festival Assistants have been trained and are familiar with the venues and much more.
As such all Festival Assistants need to be in Prague by mid-afternoon on Wednesday 24 May ready to take part in compulsory training on Thursday 25 May and begin work at the festival on Friday 26 May until Saturday 3 June inclusive. Festival Assistants usually depart on either Sunday 4 or Monday 5 June.
So what is the deal?
The Festival will provide:
- Free shared accommodation for 12 nights from 24 May - 04 June inclusive (this does not apply to Prague-based assistants)
- An opportunity to see some fantastic international performances for free
(dance, theatre, live art, music, performance poetry etc)
- An opportunity to develop strong skills in festival, arts and events management
- A great addition to your CV
- Free time to explore Prague
- Good company throughout the day and well into the early hours of the morning
- Support, information and guidance for the duration of the festival
- An exclusive Prague Fringe t-shirt!
- Festival Assistants will provide:
- Supreme customer service skills
- Accurate ticket sales and money dealings
- Responsible management of each venue when you are working and the ability to work well with the team of technicians based there
- Enthusiasm, energy and superb organisational abilities
- Patient, calm and constructive thinking
- Linguistic abilities and knowledge of the local area (Prague Based Festival Assistants)
- Your beautiful faces and smiles to sell lots and lots of tickets at each venue throughout the day
- Transport to Prague (all assistants must be in Prague by mid-afternoon of Wednesday 24 May 2017)
- Transport while in Prague
- Food and drink for the duration of the festival
Festival Assistants work across a variety of venues from the afternoon until late evening and take it in turns to see the various performances whilst on duty. It is great fun and a great place to meet companies, make contacts and have an adventure in Prague.
Listen to the 2014 Festival Assistants chatting to Fringe Director Steve Gove here
KEY DATES IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
October - December 2016: Application window open
By the end of December 2016: All applicants notified
By the end of January 2017: Confirmation forms required from all successful applicants (including flight/travel details)
April 2017: Handbook issued to all team members
by Wednesday 24th May: Assistants arrive in Prague
Thursday 25th May: Compulsory training
Friday 26th May - Saturday 3rd June: 16th Prague Fringe Festival
Sunday 4th or Monday 5th June: Departure